June 15, 20235:30pm
Sundown Social is a relaxed neighborhood gathering with live music and signature cocktails. Join your neighbors in the best back yard in Sandy Springs on select Thursdays.
- The City Green Plaza opens at 5:00 p.m.
- Sidewalk entertainment is 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Parking is available in the City Springs underground parking deck (Event parking rates may apply). Free parking is available in the South Parking Lot, located off Mt. Vernon Highway.
- Beer, wine, and a signature cocktail will be available for purchase.
Bitsyland evolved from jam sessions at Bitsy Grant Tennis Park, so they based their name on the park. They play string instruments such as the guitar, mandolin, or banjo. Their performances are filled with fun, laughter, sing-alongs, and toe-tapping tunes! Bitsyland was featured in the Atlanta Jewish Times.
Featured Drink: Spring Breeze -Tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, & club soda with a lime garnish
- Crave the South (BBQ & hotdogs)
- Paradiso (Wood fire pizza)
- King of Pops (popsicles)
June 22 - Flower & Garden
Urban Forest Coordinator Willie Park will be leading tours of the greenery around City Springs. Learn more about the flowers & plants that surround our beautiful City Green Plaza!
Jamie & Joe Empert - Jamie Empert is an accomplished musician and flute players’ competition winner, whose passion for the Native American Flute came instantly upon hearing it over 20 years ago. Her husband, Joe, is a world percussionist who loves discovering cross-cultural musical influences and sharing them through performance and rhythm facilitation. The duo released their debut album Take Flight – Around the World on the Native American Flute in 2019, and their song “Peggy’s Cove” received an award nomination for Best Song, Solo Flute in the Native American Style Flute Awards, 2020.
Featured Drink: Honey Bee - Dark Jamaican Rum, Orange Juice, Honey Syrup, and Lemon Juice
- Fresh Truck ATL (Coconut chicken tenders, salad bowls, lobster rolls)
- El Elote (Mexican street corn)
June 29 - Celebrating Latin America
Mauricio Amaya is a multi-instrumentalist that plays folk & traditional music from Latin America. With emphasis in the Andes, singing in both Spanish & Portuguese, with guitar rhythms and pan flute melodies, the musical trip through Latin America is a full experience!
Featured Drink: Mojito - Lime juice, simple syrup, rum, and club soda
- Spice the Americas (Empanadas & Latin American wings)
- Super Taco (Tacos, Quesadillas)
July 13, 2023 - Blue Velvet (All female rockin' blues band)
July 20, 2023 - Silkworm Smugglers
July 27, 2023 - Zach Haines (Country)
August 10, 2023 -
August 17, 2023
August 24, 2023
August 31, 2023
September 14, 2023
September 21, 2023
October 12, 2023
October 19, 2023
October 26, 2023
Sundown Social is sponsored by the Sandy Springs Arts Foundation.