Stars and Stripes
July 4, 20226:00pm
Join us on Monday, July 4 for the Sandy Springs Stars & Stripes Fireworks Celebration at City Springs!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
4:00 p.m. The Lawn opens.
6:00 p.m. Food trucks open.
7:30 p.m. Electric Avenue, called America's Greatest 80s Tribute Band, will rock the City Green with the MTV Experience.
9:30 p.m. Fireworks start!
Blankets, lawn chairs (low back chairs preferred) and umbrellas are allowed (please do not set up before 4:00 p.m.). Please lower umbrellas when the music starts. No outside tables. No tents. No personal sparklers. Please do not move existing bistro tables and chairs located on the plaza.
Bring your own picnic, purchase from one of the nearby restaurants, or check out one of the food trucks below. Only alcoholic beverages sold on site are allowed.
Food Trucks participating:
- Azucar Cuban Cuisine,
- Dot Bowl, Korean BBQ
- Gyro Chef Mediterranean Food
- Mac Queen Food Truck, favorite Southern staples
- McDaniel BBQ
- Negril Food Truck, authentic Caribbean street food
- Repiccis Italian Ice & Gelato
- Spice the Americas, North, Central & South American cuisine
- Three Tikis, Italian Shave ice
- Yumbi Food Truck, Asian-American Tacos
Tune into 87.9 FM on your radio to listen to the live simulcast.
P1 - City Springs Underground Parking Garage
1 Galambos Way, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P2 - South Parking Lot*
182 Hilderbrand Dr NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P3 – Truist Bank*
6240 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P4 – Ameris Bank*
225 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P5 - Wells Fargo*
6300 Roswell Rd NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P6 – Sandy Springs Commerce Building*
333 Sandy Springs Circle, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P7 - Sandy Springs Library**
395 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P8 - Mt. Vernon Lower School Campus**
471 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
P9 - Century Springs Office Park*
6100 Lake Forrest Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30342
P10 - Lake Forrest Elementary**
5920 Sandy Springs Cir, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
* Fireworks Visible
** Partial/No Visibility
A reminder for the 4th of July
If you are planning to shoot your own fireworks, a quick review of the City’s ordinance:
• Fireworks are permitted on July 3 and July 4 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. to midnight.
• Fireworks may not be ignited on any public roadway; public right-of-way; government property, including city parks and recreational areas; within 100 yards of any utility; within 100 yards of hospital, nursing homes, health care facilities; within 100 yards of any fuel dispensing station or places where flammable liquids are stored in excess of 500 gallons.
• Fireworks may not be sold to or used by anyone 18 years of age or younger.
The National Safety Council reports that fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires each year. Fireworks such as Roman candles, bottle rockets, mortar and skyrockets are projectiles designed to explode in the air.
It's best to leave the displays to the experts, but if you are planning your own fireworks celebration, please be safe.
The Sandy Springs Fire Department offers the following safety advice:
• Fireworks and alcohol don't mix - please don't drink and strike
• Wear close-toed shoes to protect your feet
• Wear eyeglasses or goggles to protect your eyes
• Wear long-sleeve shirts and long pants to avoid burns to arms and legs (the most common fireworks injury)- avoid certain fabrics like dry-wicking materials.
• Sparklers are popular for children - have them use a plastic cup to shield their hands. The National Fire Protection Association estimates that sparklers alone account for more than 25 percent of emergency room visits for fireworks injuries.