When creating City Springs, a common request was to incorporate water and shade into the overall design. These two elements pay tribute to the Chattahoochee River and the tributaries that give the City its name and to the lush tree canopy that the City is known for.
The fountains were designed to curve through the space the same way the river curves around and follows 22 miles of the City's northern border. The tile creating the children’s interactive fountains (the splash pad) is also reminiscent of the Chattahoochee.
The Splash Pad
The splash pad opened summer 2019 and as its name suggests, made a BIG SPLASH with children and their parents! Open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., the City wants to keep the splash pad's visitors safe and requests that visitors follow these rules:
- No running or rough playing
- An adult must supervise young children
- Do not drink the splash pad water
- Help us maintain the water quality by keeping the splash pad free of litter, food and pets
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- No glass in, or around, the splash pad